Full, round breasts are a desirable physical quality that many women would like to achieve. However, breast implants are not for everyone. For women who want to enhance their breasts more without breast implants, breast fat grafting can provide a natural-looking and feeling size increase using your own transferred fat.
What is breast fat grafting?
Breast fat grafting is a surgery that enhances the breasts without implants by using a woman’s own fat tissues. Breast fat grafting is for women who want to go up by about one cup size and prefer a natural feel and appearance. Breast fat grafting provides the dual benefit of slimming and sculpting the area where fat is harvested while increasing the breast size. As a result, the procedure helps to create an appealing hourglass physique.
Why get breast augmentation with fat grafting?
Breast implants may not be the right choice for some women who, at the same time, would like to enhance their breasts and increase their size. Breast augmentation with fat grafting is for the following women:
- Would like to increase their breast volume by about one cup size.
- Do not want foreign objects (implants) in their body.
- Have concerns about the risk of implant failure or breast implant illness (BII).
- Do not want scars on their breasts.
- Would like to improve breast symmetry and improve general breast appearance.
- Want to slim other areas of their body at the same time as they achieve breast enhancement.
Recovery after breast augmentation with fat grafting
Your recovery period will vary depending on the area treated with liposuction. A compression bandage may be placed around your breasts and the fat donor area. You will wear this constantly to help minimize swelling and to ensure your breasts heal in their new, larger shape.
Expect about a week of downtime after your procedure. Most women are able to return to light, sedentary work as the pain and swelling decrease after about 1-2 weeks. You will need to wait for 4-6 weeks before resuming more strenuous work or exercise.
How long will my results last after fat grafting breast enhancement?
The fat cells will take a period of months to fully settle as the swelling subsides. Some of the injected fat will be absorbed by the body during this time, which is expected and compensated for during the initial procedure. However, in some cases, a follow-up procedure is needed to add additional fat.
Once you achieve your final results, they will last for the long term. Your breasts will remain larger, more plump and shapely, yet look and feel as appealing and natural-looking as your regular breasts.
What are the benefits of fat grafting breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation with fat grafting provides a range of benefits for women, including the following:
- No implants (breast augmentation is achieved with your own natural tissues)
- Balanced breast symmetry
- Bigger breasts by up to one cup size
- Natural looking and feeling breasts
- Avoids the potential complications or risks specific to implants
- Once the fat cells settle, the transfer is permanent
- The fat harvesting achieves a more sculpted physique
- Minimal incisions and scarring (fades quickly)
Who is a candidate for breast augmentation with fat grafting?
Breast fat grafting is for women who are looking to enhance their breasts by no more than a cup size and who do not want breast implants.
The most certain way to know if breast augmentation with fat grafting is best for you is with a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Craft. Based on your physique and goals, Dr. Craft will determine and recommend the best course of action for you to enhance your breasts. Generally, candidates for breast fat grafting meet the following criteria:
- Are in good health
- Do not smoke or can stop smoking before the surgery
- Have sufficient excess fat on their body that can be harvested for transfer
- Are not taking (or can safely stop taking) blood-thinning medications or supplements
Why choose Dr. Craft for breast augmentation with fat grafting?
Dr. Craft is a double-board certified, Harvard-trained plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Dr. Craft is dedicated to helping you achieve appealing and natural-looking breasts that leave you feeling beautifully feminine.
At CraftMD, your breast enhancement surgery is customized for you. Women who don’t want breast implants can count on Dr. Craft to tailor their breast fat grafting to suit their personal desires and aesthetic goals. Dr. Craft puts your safety and satisfaction at the forefront of his work, always taking a caring, compassionate and meticulous approach to ensure you are thrilled with your beautiful results.
If you’re considering breast fat grafting, please call or contact us and schedule a consultation today.